The Lord God Almighty and His Word, The Holy Bible
- We believe in one God, as revealed in Scriptures as Elohim, Father, Son (of God) and Holy Spirit (Ruach Hakodesh). “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One.” (The word One is “Echad” in Hebrew which means “a composite unity”) Deuteronomy 6:4
- We believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Son of God, the Messiah (the Christ), the Eternal One in Whom all the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form, and Who is the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and Whose glory we beheld, the glory of the uniquely begotten Son of God, full of grace and truth. (John 1: 1-14; Hebrews 1:1-3)
- We believe that the Spirit of God (Ruach Hakodesh) comforts, teaches, leads, indwells and empowers all whom He regenerates. John 14:1-6, 16-27; 2 Cor 1:3-6
- We believe that the Bible, both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the Apostolic Writings (New Testament), is the only inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe that the entire Bible is a revelation of the holiness and righteousness of God and the description of the lifestyle of the redeemed community. (Matthew 5:17-19; II Timothy 3:16-17)
- This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. The Bible is our sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Congregation Lion of Judah’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, for our pastor’s/Rabbi’s/board/leadership, the Bible is our final interpretive authority, both in meaning and application. (Matthew 4:4)
Mankind and the future
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. (Psalms 139)
- We believe that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) We believe that sin constitutes disobedience to the commands of God and results in eternal separation of the soul in hell. (Rom. 6:23).
- We believe that Yeshua’s death and resurrection accomplished the atonement for all who would place their faith in Him. (1 John 1:9) Whoever trusts in God, in His work alone, is made a new creation in Messiah, indwelt by the Spirit of God and transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of His own Son. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 5 and 6)
- We believe salvation is by faith through the grace of God alone and not by human efforts. A new creation is the work of God alone. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 8:29-39)
- We believe that the person who has come to salvation must grow and mature in Yeshua into a life of holiness – consecrated to God’s service, and in so far as they are conformed in all things to the will of God ( Romans 6:19 Romans 6:22 ; Ephesians 1:4 ; Titus 1:8 ; 1 Peter 1:15 ). Personal holiness is a work of gradual development. It is carried on under many hindrances, hence the frequent admonitions to watchfulness, prayer, and perseverance. ( 1 Corinthians 1:30 ; 2 co 7:1 ; Ephesians 4:23 Ephesians 4:24 )
- We believe that the soul that lives in sin in an unrepentant state will live in eternal separation from God.
- We believe that the soul that has confessed Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ) as Lord and Redeemer (Rom. 3:23) will receive eternal life.
Unity of the body of Messiah
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of all believers in Messiah Yeshua. (Ephesians 2:11-22; John 17:20-23)
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union between one man and one woman and it uniquely reflects Yeshua’s relationship with His Church. (Eph. 5:21-23) We believe the sanctity of the marriage covenant is expressed in love, mutual support, personal commitment, and shared fidelity between one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24; Eph. 5:31-33)
- Congregation Lion of Judah will recognize marriage only between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, pastors/rabbis of Congregation Lion of Judah or other staff qualified to perform marriage shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriage between one man and one woman.
- Any property owned or leased by Congregation Lion of Judah shall only host weddings between one man and one woman
- We believe in the continuity of God’s covenants and the physical people of Israel according to Jeremiah 31:35-36 and parallel passages. Part of the fulfillment of these covenants is the physical return of the people of Israel to their Promised Land. (Deuteronomy 30)
- We believe that everyone who trusts in Yeshua is grafted into the “olive tree” and while this does not make them Jewish, they are granted the privilege of having God’s laws written upon their hearts as participants in the New Covenant. (Romans 11:11-24; Jeremiah 31:33)
Return of Messiah
- We believe in the literal, physical return of Messiah to rule and reign upon the throne of David in Jerusalem. Acts 1:11; Gal. 5:16-21; Heb. 1:8-12; Rev. 11:15